What are Love Handles?
Love handles sound good but it’s actually excess fat deposited at the waistline of a person. These hanging fat around the waistline sometimes hard to lose and ruins the beauty of many worn outfits. The good news is one can get rid of love handles naturally by changing lifestyle and improving eating habits.
What Causes Love Handles?
Fat retention is the main cause of love handles. Factors that cause it are as follows:
- Diet high in sugar, calories and in bad cholesterol
- High level of cortisol (Haromones) in the body
- Lack of sleep
How to Get Rid of Love Handles by Diet?
One can get rid of love handles by putting the body in a weight loss state. This state is known as a caloric deficit state and it helps in overall body fat loss especially from love handles. For achieving this state one needs to follow the steps below:
- Drink plenty of water per day (8 glasses of water at least).
- Take less or no added sugar in the diet.
- Drink water in between meals and also half an hour before a meal.
- Add antioxidants tea in the routine. Green tea and spearmint tea are helpful in losing abdominal fat.
- Eat a more fibrous diet. Add more vegetables and fruits in the food dishes.
- Processed foods are high in carbohydrates and in calories so avoid eating processed foods.
- Add foods that burn fats, for example, apple cider vinegar, brown rice, and chickpeas.
- Take rest after a busy day. It’s recommended to take 7-9 hours of sleep per night for adults.
How to Get Rid of Love Handles by Workout? [Best Exercises for Love Handles]:
The best exercises that help in losing waistline fat are:
- Jumping Jacks
- Side leg raise
- Side bridges
- Side plank holds or tucks
- Overhead Pendulum
- Touching heels
- Russian twists
- Thread the needle
How to Get Rid of Love Handles at the Gym?
Exercises and training that help to get rid of love handle at the gym are as follows:
Cardio Machines for Getting Rid of Love Handles:
Treadmill, elliptical trainer, rowing machine, and stationary bicycle are the types of gym equipment that increases heart rate and engage multiple muscles group. The number of calories burnt depends on the type of machine, body weight, and the intensity of the workout. These machines are good at losing weight (especially fat from the waistline) and give a perfect body shape.
Strength Training Programmes:
Captain’s chair is the best machine for abdominal exercises. Leg raises in Captain chair works on oblique and target muscles beneath the love handles. For knowing how to lose fat around the waist, check post 4 Captain’s Chair Exercises for Rock Solid Abs by Andrea Bolt.
How Long does it take to Lose Love Handles?
It depends on how much one is dedicated to the diet plan and daily activities. However, people who are ardently following daily plans see a difference in waistline fat within a week. 2-3% reduction in fat is considered healthy per month. It’s better to lose weight gradually and keep long term health in mind rather just getting in shape for an event and then stop doing it. Endurance is the key to fitness and strength without harming the body.
How to Lose Love Handles Fast?
There are a few ways that can help in losing love handles fast. It’s important to stick to the routine and the diet plan. For losing love handle fast, focus on the following plan:
- Add weight training in the workout.
- Cut sugar in the diet as sugar increases body fat.
- Add healthy fat foods in the diet such as olive oil, fatty fish and avocado.
- Belly fat can be caused by taking the stress. Do measures to reduce stress levels.
- Do more cardio but don’t overdo it.
- Eat diet enriched in protein.
- Add foods high in fibre. It can feel one full for long.
- Be active throughout the day.
Does Love Handles Cause any Health Risk?
Love handles don’t cause health risk but they indicate risk factors of the underlying illnesses. Chronic maladies that cause love handles may include:
- Heart disease
- Breast or colon cancer
- High blood pressure
- Sleep apnea
- High cholesterol
- Liver disease
Fastest Ways to Lose Love Handles for Men:
It’s hard for men to lose love handles as most of their fat cells are located around this area. The following are some simple tips that men can add in their routine to burn love handles’ fat.
- Do cardio sessions for 30 minutes every day and it’s advisable to go for high-intensity interval training (HIIT). According to some studies, HIIT is best for the burning off fat from the waistline than steady-state cardio exercises. For guys, it’s recommended to use intervals and weight training to lose fat and gain muscles correlatively.
- Crunches, woodchops, and planks tighten and strengthen muscles in the abdomen.
- An average man can take 2500 calories per day. For getting rid of love handles, one should eat 500-1000 calories less than the daily calorie intake.
- Eat a balanced diet.
- Getting rid of stubborn love handles can also be possible at home and this video has useful exercising tips to check, ‘8 Simple Exercise to Lose Love Handles Without Gym’.
Love handles are the unwanted fat deposited around the waistline. High-intensity workout with a balanced diet helps in burning excess fat accumulation around the abdominal area. People having medical issues and problems should ask the doctor before starting any high-intensity workout.
This content is copyright protected.